Savory Corn Quiche With Green Chiles and Green Onions
2 tsp olive oil
5 (about 1⁄2 cup) green onions, white and green parts, chopped
1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped One 7-oz can chopped green chiles, drained
1 cup frozen corn kernels
2 large eggs
2 egg whites
11⁄2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
1⁄2 tsp salt
1⁄4 tsp black pepper
1 cup grated pepper jack cheese
2 T flour
1. Lightly oil an 8-inch square glass dish or 10-inch pie pan. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and red pepper, and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
3. Turn off the heat and add the green chiles and corn. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and egg whites with soy or almond milk, salt, and pepper.
5. In a separate bowl, toss the cheese with the flour. Add the cheese mixture and the corn mixture to the soy or almond milk mixture and stir to combine.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and bake on the center oven rack until the surface is puffed and golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrient Analysis per serving
Calories: 170; Total fat: 10 g; Sat fat: 5 g; Trans fat: 0 g; Sodium: 576 mg; Total carbohydrate: 10 g; Dietary fiber: 2 g; Protein: 11 g
All Fitness __ Savory Corn Quiche With Green Chiles and Green Onions
— RECIPE AND PHOTO COURTESY OF SILK